In our latest days, there is an important topic which has been discussed. will explain everything you need to know in Chromebook
- What is the Chromebook?
- Why is Powerwash (reset) a Chromebook important?
- And how to Powerwash a Chromebook?
To know everything about this topic and more let’s start
First: What is the Chromebook?
Google Chromebooks are laptops that are known for low cost and it’s easy to use. It runs under Linux Chrome’s operating system.
The Chrome OS operating system was designed to be the fastest operating system available and it includes fast booting, in other words, it’ll satisfy all your needs, whether documents, spreadsheets, saving files, web browsing, or email in an easy way.
So The only thing that you’ll need to do is turn on your Chromebook and everything will be done through the Chrome browser.
Second: Why is Powerwash a Chromebook important?
In some cases like:
- If your Chromebook has stopped working then you should powerwash a Chromebook
- If there is a stubborn issue that happens suddenly like a Chromebook freezing up through some problems with Chrome OS or any internal hardware problems with the Chromebook.
- If you want to sell it and you want to erase all of your data, of course you should powerwash a Chromebook.
All these cases require restoring your Chromebook and reset it to default factory.
In either scenario, the powerwash feature for your Chromebook can be used to return a Chrome OS to its original condition.
Third: How to Powerwash a Chromebook?
There are two ways to do it, through the chrome browser or from login srcreen.
First way: through the Chrome browser:
Requires some steps:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click the menu button, represented by three points vertically and located in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- When you see the dropdown menu, select Settings.
- The Chrome settings interface should now be visible. Scroll down and click Advanced.
- Advanced chrome settings are displayed. Scroll down again until you find the Reset settings section and choose Powerwash.
- A dialog labelled restart your device should be displayed, overlaying the settings interface. Click on Restart.
- Your Chromebook will now be restarted and the Powerwash process will be done.When prompted, access your Google credentials and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your restored Chromebook.
Second way: from the login screen:
This way is very useful as it doesn’t need a password. It is only pressing on some buttons from your keyboard then following the steps.
- On the Chrome OS login screen and before authentication, press the following keyboard shortcut: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R
- A window will appear labelled Reset this Chrome device. Click Restart to begin.
- Your Chromebook will be restarted. After returning to the login screen, a new version of this window should appear. Click Powerwash.
- The Confirm Powerwash dialog will now appear. Click Continue.
Once finished, you can sign in with your Google account and follow the onscreen prompts to configure your newly restored Chromebook.
Finally, use the way that you preferred to powerwash a Chromebook and enjoy fixing your Chromebook by yourself.