The Gmail application is an essential email application for all of us.
We all got a new official update from Google, as it supports activating or stopping the dark mode for Gmail directly from within the application without the need to completely change the phone’s status to the dark mode.
Coinciding with the launch of the Android 11 update, especially that the dark mode for Gmail improves the performance of the phone and reduces the battery consumption.
According to the research created on phones that the dark mode reduces the consumption of the battery and increases its life span as well as reduces the collateral damage of using the phone for long periods, such as the damage of poor eyesight and others.
Here is how to add and set the dark mode for Gmail application.
How to activate dark mode for Gmail in Android phones.
Google finally officially added the night mode feature in most of its basic applications, such as the Drive and Gmail app.
Today we offer you an explanation of how to activate the dark mode for Gmail application through the application settings in an easy way and without the need to convert the whole phone to the dark mode; convert the Gmail application to this mode, which is easy to follow the incoming email at any time with special ease.
- Enter the Gmail app on your phone, tap the three-line menu icon on the app’s top left.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu, then tap the Settings button.
- Click on the general settings button or the general option.
- At the top of the list, tap the theme button.
- A pop-up menu will appear in front of you. Choose Dark, or if you have already set the night mode as the default for the system, click the default system or light to return the look to normal.
How to activate the night mode in the iPhone and iPad operating system.
Still, you must first make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of Gmail to be compatible with the operating system and switch automatically To dark mode, but if you want to customize the feature of dark mode for Gmail application only, then do these steps.
dark mode for Gmail has been added in iOS and iPad operating systems. You can automatically set the dark mode feature in Google Mail by activating dark mode in the entire operating system.
- First, download the Gmail app to your phone as it is not integrated into the operating system.
- Now open the app and choose the menu icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select Settings or Settings
- Now you will have a choice of theme or theme; click on it a pop-up window will appear in front of you that contains two options, the first is the normal option, light, and the second option is dark or night mode. Please activate it for the application to turn dark.
Gmail also became supportive of operating the dark mode on the web version of the site, which made the overall look more beautiful and better, as the mode was added in completely different colors from the traditional dark mode colors for the rest of the applications, especially after this situation spread in an exaggerated way to all applications.
Google also included the situation Fully optimized for the new Android 11 operating system and adapted the Gmail app for the new Android 11 update.